Preparing for the ACT
Sat, 01/12/2013 - 8:34pm — Jackie Fruth
- Pick up the free student preparation booklet with your registration packet from the guidance office. It contains test information, complete practice tests with scoring keys, and a writing prompt with sample essays.
- Check out an ACT prep book from your school or local library. A good book to use is The Real ACT Prep Guide. It comes with three retired practice tests, detailed answers to each question, and scoring guides for each test.
- When registering for the ACT, you can buy a copy of the test. After the test, you will receive a copy, a list of your answers, the correct answers, and the scoring guide. Study this test! Although it does not come with detailed answers, you can ask a teacher or a friend to help you with any questions that you don’t understand.
- Go to http://www.actstudent.org/testprep/ and go through the practice test questions.
- Practice! Practice! Practice!