Preparing for the ACT
Thu, 06/09/2016 - 11:17am — Jackie Fruth
- Pick up the free student preparation booklet with your registration packet from the guidance office. It contains test information, complete practice tests with scoring keys, and a writing prompt with sample essays. If your school does not have the booklets, you can go to http://www.actstudent.org/testprep/ for a copy.
- Check out an ACT prep book from your school or local library. A good book to use is The Real ACT Prep Guide. It comes with five retired practice tests, detailed answers to each question, and scoring guides for each test.
- When registering for the ACT or during the three-month period after your test date, you can buy a copy of the test. After the test, you will receive a copy, a list of your answers, the correct answers, and the scoring guide. Study this test! Although it does not come with detailed answers, you can ask a teacher or a friend to help you with any questions that you don’t understand.
- Go to http://www.actstudent.org/testprep/ and go through the practice test questions and check out the Streaming Events.
- Crawford College Connection offers a Refresher Class in preparation for the October, April, and June test. Watch for registration on this site.
- Practice! Practice! Practice!